The rapidly expanding field of esthetics has taken a dramatic leap forward in the past decade, this 2013 text plays a critical role in creating a strong foundation for the esthetics student. Focusing on introductory topics, including history and opportunities in skin care, anatomy and physiology, and infection control and disorders, it lays the groundwork for the future professional to build their knowledge.
The reader can then explore the practical skills of a skin care professional, introducing them to the treatment environment, basic facial treatments, hair removal, and the technology likely to be performed in the salon or spa setting.
This feature includes:
- An added chapter, Life Skills, provides the student with the basic social and organizational skills needed to succeed in school and in the professional world.
- Improved page designs with larger images provide greater detail in illustrations and photos, making sections easier to read, and concepts easier to understand.
- Infection control and OSHA information was updated to reflect changes as of 2013 that affect the beauty and wellness industry.
- Procedures have been placed at the end of each chapter to avoid interruption of the main content.
- Hundreds of color photos and illustrations showcase step-by-step esthetics procedures and highlight important topics.
- Professionals and educators share first-hand knowledge of the latest trends and information on student and client safety, bridging the gap between the classroom and the professional setting.
- Numerous side notes reinforce and explain information presented in the text and aid learning of difficult concepts.
- Review questions and glossaries in each chapter help students retain knowledge and study efficiently.